So last’s night’s Grammys ceremony had its share of celebrity, celebration and remembrance. Every nominee, performer and presenter on the red carpet was asked the “mood” of the event by E!’s Ryan or Giuliana. After a while I wanted them to quit asking. We get it, the mood is sad yet celebratory, let everyone mourn in peace!
But the event soon picked up, and here are a few of my favorite moments, some that you had to see (or hear) to believe.
1. Paris Hilton. Her being there was entertaining on its own, but when Giuliana asked about her upcoming album produced by Afro Jack, she mentioned a collaboration with “LMAFO.” I was LMFAO when I heard that.
2. Katy Perry’s performance of “Part of Me” was full of power and sass, which I loved. Though the song was written last year, her introduction of it after her divorce from Russell Brand could not have been a coincidence.
3. Adele, Adele and more Adele. She was six for six in wins for the night, and her first performance since her surgery was followed by a well deserved standing ovation. Her last two acceptance speeches were by far my favorite. She gave a thumbs up to the audience since there was nothing left to say, then she thanked her “mum,” acknowledged her “rubbish relationship” and drew attention to her snot when she won Album of the Year.
4. The Grammys turned into a rave when David Guetta and Deadmau5 performed in an outdoor tent. This is definitely new for the Grammys and though Chris Brown had a few too many performances, i wish I was in the crowd for this one.
5. Nicki Minaj…. WHAT?! That is all I can say about her red carpet entrance and performance of “Roman Holiday” since both left me speechless. The lady is definitely an actress, and turned her performance into a live (and very weird) music video that will be talked about for a while. Can’t forget to mention how adorable Drake was when he introduced Nicki!